Sunday, December 17, 2006

First thing that we want everyone to know is that the surgery went very well and I am at home recovering now. This is not the most flattering picture, but honestly . . . who looks great after a day in the hospital after surgery huh?!? I have four incisions on my abdomen; one on my belly button (from where they had to put the camera in) one right below my breast bone (where they pulled the gall bladder out) and two on my right side (where they put tools in to dissect the gall bladder) . . . sorry if this grosses anyone out, but I know there are people who want to know details, so there you go.
We are blessed to have my sister here to take care of this kids (and me) we truly could not have done it without her. I had no idea how incapacitated I would be after surgery. I am beginning now to be able to do small tasks like fold clothes (if I take it slow) and feed Eli (if he is laying next to me), I can't actually hold either of the kids yet, but I know in time I will get there. My sister has been a blessing beyond words and it puts me close to tears when I think of how she has really been there for us during this hard time. She has been waking up with Eli in the middle of the night, when he decides to have a bad night, and she has been cooking for, cleaning up after, feeding and bathing the kids, doing laundry, baking, and the like . . . so much for us. Most of all she has been moral support and making sure that I take it easy, she is such an amazing person!! Thank you SO MUCH sis!!
While I am recovering Andy has been a big help with the kids as well . . . he took Gabby and her cousin to the Petronas Towers play area, there is a big water area with a waterfall for the kids to play in as well as about a million playgrounds. The outings are complete with bringing home treats for the moms =+)
These cousins met for the first time when my sister and niece came over . . . what can I say? Love at first sight!

Here is Eli enjoying the tree in all it's, . . . and his glory =+)
We were also thrilled to get the package from o-hills . . . it came the day after I came home from the hospital . . . talk about a pick-me-up!! What a blessing!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! We simply cannot say it enough we are awestruck at your gracious giving . . .we had such a blast opening the package. It could not have come at a better time!
Mmmmmm candy!!!!!
I think this little girls smile says it all!!

Gabby was SO excited to get a letter from Grant . . . thanks you Grant, Gabs misses you so much!
We could not believe the size of the package, you guys are amazing!
We are so excited about the Kettle Corn, there will be enough for many a movie night to come. Thank you again for being such amazing friends, we miss you all and hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and remember who is the real reason for this wonderful season!! We are blessed with the result of the surgery and my recovery being slow but sure . . . keep seeking Him and know that you are all in our thoughts. Thank you for keeping us in yours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everything is going well for all of you! Looks like Andy needs to put on a little weight, so hopefully as you all mend, your eating will get back to normal. Have a very Merry Christmas and know that you are loved.

Anonymous said...

it is great to see some new pictures and hear the latest update!! also glad to hear recovery is going well. i think everyone enjoyed filling that box as much as you enjoyed opening it!! merry christmas!
petska family

Anonymous said...

Hey, i especially loved the Christmas Buns!