Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Gabby!

Our little girl is already 4 years old, it is really amazing how fast time flies! Here are some photos of her birthday party.

Opening presents . . . she was so loved with all the gifts she got . . . Thanks Papa and Grandma Jackson, Papa and Nana Benezette, Uncle Steve and Aunt Jen, Uncle Ben and Aunt Drea, Uncle Kevin and Aunt Meredith, Uncle Boyd and Aunt LaDonna and Uncle Tim and Aunt Shana =+) . . . . she is so thrilled with all her gifts!!
Here she is concentrating hard to open this present from her Uncle Dave and Aunt Bethany (she is even sticking her tongue out to get it just right) =+)!
Here she is with her cupcakes and candles . . . she didn't want me to stick the candles in her Barbie cake and "ruin it" =+) . . . so cute!

Gabby and two of her friends, they came to her 3rd Birthday party too . . . they are two of the sons of one of our language helpers . . . they had blast playing together.
Here Gabby is, coloring a really fun card that she got from Nana "up the hill" (a.k.a. my mom's mom . . . Rosemary Etherton) . . . Gabby says "thanks Nana up the hill =+)" (we call her Nana up the hill because Gabby calls Andy's mom Nana also . . . so to tell them apart for her, we call my mom's mom "Nana up the hill" because she lives up the hill from my parents (got all that?? because I am not sure that I do =+))
This is the strawberry flavored Barbie cake that I made for Gabby, she was very specific this year with the type of cake she wanted. I want to tell my mom thanks, because I had no idea what I put her through when I asked her to make me a Barbie cake for my 8th birthday!! It was quite a challenge to make!!
Here is Gabby with Eli and her Daddy on her big day . . . we are so blessed to have Gabby as our little girl! Thanks for checking out the blog! We love you all and are so glad that we can call you all friends!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is ridiculously good. You guys are so wonderful to see. As folks who feel like we are doing well with keeping up with using media to stay in touch, we are inspired to follow your lead with this stuff.

We miss you guys and would love to see you again someday soon in Asia. We are due with our first on June 4th.

God is obviously blessing your family, and we praise Him for it!

Love,
David and Cherie

Anonymous said...

What a FANTASTIC birthday!!!! Congratulations on the cake you made Bethany! :) We make sheet cakes (ONLY), but sometimes the kids want elaberate (sp?) designs on them. That takes some hard work and concentration! :) Seriously, you did GREAT!
I'm glad Gabby had such a great, special day.
Blessings,
Kelley

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture of the sunset from your apt. and the cake you made for your daughter's birthday... May I ask -- did you just stick a doll in the center after it was done or is it a "half" doll on top of the icing? I love it!

Although my child is only 26 months, she is growing fast and I can see trying to make a cake like that one day.

:) Kim in Florida

PS hope her chin is better. What took you to Malaysia???

**I tried to email you but it came back to me... :(