Monday, August 20, 2012

Celebrating our ten year anniversary in Koh Samui Thailand

An Amazing Surprise!

The kids went to stay with Uncle Dave and Aunt Bethany on the night August 6th . . . Andy told me it was so we could have a quiet day at home and a nice dinner out, just the two of us, the next day to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary . . . little did I know that he had a crazy plan up his sleeve that he had been scheming for the past month or so! Instead of sleeping in and lazing around the next day . . .  Andy's alarm went off while it was still dark out and he tapped me saying that I needed to get up and get ready so that we wouldn't miss our flight.  Flight!?! I thought.  So I got up and got ready, he had already packed our bag so all I had to do is be along for the ride.  He began to reveal things to me as we were on our way . . . in the car he told me it would be a 5 day vacation!! I started to be a bit concerned . . . what about the kids? What about work? . . . but I was so blown away by my wonderful husbands amazing getaway plan! He had taken care of ALL of the details! Then we arrived at the bus station to catch the bus to the airport . . . in the elevator he told me we were going to Koh Samui Thailand to an amazing resort there! I was so excited . . . but also seriously nervous . . . I DID NOT want to leave the country without the kids (because we are still waiting on a more permanent visa)!! We road the bus to the airport and when we arrived I was met by all three of my kids squealing with glee as they ran over to greet me!!  Much to my surprise, Dave and Bethany AND my kids were coming along too!! Dave and Bethany were coming to babysit the kids so that we could have plenty of alone time to just be us and relax while we celebrated 10 wonderful years!! Thank you Andy for this amazing gift . . .  I am so blessed!! AND . . . thank you Dave and Bethany for watching the kids!!  It was an hour and a half plane ride, an hour and half bus ride, and an hour and a half ferry ride . . .  we then arrived in a spectacular tropical paradise!! Koh Samui Thailand: 

Building sand castles together.
 . . . and doing some yoga?  Hehe :). . .







 . . . so much fun! . . .





 . . . playing is such hard work . . . 


. . . sun, sand, and fun little waves to play in . . .






 . . . soooo HAPPY . . .
 . . . don't forget about the ice cream and popsicles! . . .

 . . . sharing . . .




 . . . living the dream!! . . .

 . . . little Lucy Grace's first time to the beach!! . . .



 . . . awesome family time!! . . .
 . . . one of my favorite photos from the time there!! . . .

 . . . POOL TIME!!! . . .




 . . . as many of you know; we lost our passports along the way and it was totally God's amazing grace and HIS answer to many many prayers that they were safely returned to us!! These couple of gorgeous photos are from Andy and my ferry ride over to meet the guy who brought the passports back to us . . .


 . . . God created this beauty for us to enjoy . . .
 . . . incredible, breathtaking . . . pictures don't do it justice . . .
 . . . so relaxed, passports in hand!! . . .
. . . Gabby and Eli on the way to dinner on the beach . . .
 . . . eating the breakfast of champions; bangers and mash . . .


. . . we were blessed with eating breakfast here every morning . . . 
 . . . MORE ice cream !?! . . .

 . . . the girls getting mani-pedis while Eli chilled . . . 


 . . . more fun in the sand . . .





Thank you Andy for planning this amazing adventure . . . and thank you God for blessing us with 10 amazing years and for allowing us to enjoy your creation in Thailand!! Thanks guys for checking out our pictures and following us, via our blog, on our adventures around the world!!

1 comment:

Donna Davis said...

Is your youngest ever a little Bethany!